At LSDA, we understand that it is not always practical to fly to the UK to audition, so we accept recorded auditions from those overseas in the following formats (click to reveal):

File Sharing / Email - Preferred method

You can digitally share your audition video with us via online file share websites. There are a number of free, no obligation file sharing websites, such as MediaFire, Sendspace, Wetransfer, Vimeo or Yousendit. These websites often have a limit on the maximum file size that you can upload and send for free, so you may need to break your audition video into more than one file and upload each individually. When emailing us a link to your file/s, please enter the subject or message as: ‘Your Name, Course and Year of Entry, File Number’, for example: ‘John Smith, Advanced Diploma 2013, File 1 of 2’. Please also title the files in the same manner. Failure to title your work correctly could result in the loss or delay of your audition response. Please email your links or requests for file sharing to We will respond within 10 working days with acknowledgment of receipt of your files. We are not affiliated with any file sharing or hosting organisations and should you experience difficulties, please contact the website instead of us.
When applying this way we would like you to perform two audition pieces; one modern and one classical, each lasting around two minutes in length. Both should be from published plays. We would encourage you to choose pieces that you have previously worked on, if possible, and which are suited to your age and gender. After the audition pieces, please talk a little about yourself: what you have done, your reasons you are applying, your aspirations as an actor, etc..


1. it has to be in a European or universal format for us to be able to view it. You can post it to:


You should only contact us with your audition recording after you have submitted your completed application form.



You can study in the UK without a student visa if: 

• you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and have be given either the pre-settled or settled status;
• you are a British Overseas Territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
• you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here; or
• you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.

If you are a non-EU student it is likely you will need a visa in order to study at LSDA. As the regulations change frequently for different countries, it is advisable to check with the British embassy in your own country to ensure you meet the relevant requirements. If you need any official details about our courses, please email us.

This is a valuable web site that you can visit for further information:

For further visa enquiries and immigration information you should contact the British Consulate or representative in your country before you arrive in UK. The British Council website – – will direct you to your nearest representative.

The Government Home Office website is and provides current visa/immigration information as does the Government Foreign & Commonwealth Office at: FCO Web link

For an overview of the different student visas available and how to apply, visit the UK Border Agency site at: UKBA Study Guide Web link